Call Parking – PBX17
Sometimes during a call, users may want to transfer the call to another user but are unsure where that person is located. The solution to this is to ‘Park’ the call and then allow the other user to retrieve it.
Users with Yealink Phones
Most Yealink phones have progammable keys that can be used for call parking. Typically one button is programmed to park a call. Two other buttons show when a call is parked and enable retrival of a parked call. If your phone is not programmed for this feature, contact technical support to have it enabled.
- During a call, press the Park Key. The location where the call has been parked will be announced. The parking spots are filled in order starting at 701
- The location where the call is parked (701 or 702) will go from green to red to show a call is parked .
- The other party that has been parked will hear music on hold
- The call can be retrieved by pressing the parked location.
- The call can also be retrieved from phones without the programmed keys by dialing the parked location (eg 701 or 702)
- After 90 seconds in the parking spot, the call will return to the extension from which it was parked by ringing the phone. This prevents calls being parked indefinitely.
Phone Users without Keys Programmed
Put the call on hold
Do an attended transfer to 700 as follows
Put the first call on hold or press transfer
Dial 700 and wait until you hear the message with the location where the call is parked (eg location 701).
Complete the call transfer by pressing the transfer button
The call can now be retrieved by dialing the parking location from any phone.
After 120 seconds in the parking spot, the call will return to the extension from which it was parked by ringing the phone. This prevents calls being parked indefinitely.