There are two groups of contacts accessible to users:
- User specific contacts that are entered and visible for just one user: These can be entered by the user in their user portal. You are also able to edit and remove the shared contacts. (The edits are only visible to the user. Deleted contacts are removed from the shared contacts).
- Shared contacts accessible to all users in your system: These can be entered by your office system administrator.
Users will be able to see the combined list of their specific and shared contacts in the Directory on their deskphone (“Remote Phone Book”), and in the ReachUC App contacts.
See User Manual on Managing Contacts and Directories
Managing Shared Contacts
- Select the Users Icon
- Select Shared Contacts
- You will see the contacts listed. Individual contacts can be added or edited.
- Importing contacts: You are able to import contacts from a .csv file created in excel using this template https://prodosec.com/wp-content/uploads/importcontactstemplate.csv
- Given name – First name
- Family name
- Phone 1 – Type: Must be Mobile, Work or Home
- Phone 1 – Value: Number
The phone directory settings are managed from the “Button Builder” in the Inventory. It is possible to select which contact list to use, and hide some items.
Dialing from the Phone Directory
A Yealink phone will automatically start searching the directory when you start dialing. It will search the directory and call history by name and number.
For example, if the user enters 23 (ABC-DEF on the keypad), the phone will pull up matching entries. This example would display any numbers starting with or containing 23, as well as names containing AD, BE, CE etc. The user can then use the arrow keys to find the correct entry.
Viewing the Phone Directory
From the phone, Directory -> 1 Remote Phone Book [enter] or press 1