UC – Call Parking
Sometimes during a call, users may want to transfer the call to another user but are unsure where that person is located. The solution to this is to ‘Park’ the call and then allow the other user to retrieve it.
Users with Yealink Phones
Most Yealink phones have programmable keys that can be used for call parking. Typically two buttons will be programmed to park calls. If your phone is not programmed for this feature, contact technical support to have it enabled.
- During a call, press the Pk721. This will park the call in location 721
- The location where the call is parked will go from green to red to show a call is parked .
- The other party that has been parked will hear music on hold
- The call can be retrieved by pressing the parked location.
- The call can also be retrieved from phones without the programmed keys by dialing the parked location (eg 721)
- After 120 seconds in the parking spot, the call will return to the extension from which it was parked by ringing the phone. This prevents calls being parked indefinitely.
Phone Users without Keys Programmed
Some phones will not have enough programmable keys to have dedicated call park buttons, but calls can still be parked.
To park a call in location 721, dial *721 during the call. The call will be put on hold.
The call can now be retrieved by dialing the parking location from any phone.
After 120 seconds in the parking spot, the call will return to the extension from which it was parked by ringing the phone. This prevents calls being parked indefinitely.