Managing Phone Hardware
The Phone Hardware tab allows you to filter, add, edit, and export information about the phone hardware in your system.
Filtering Phone Hardware
Using the Filter button, you can filter phone hardware and view only the phones of interest to you.
- From the Phone Hardware tab, click the Filters button. The Phone Hardware Filters pop-up window appears.
- Complete the fields
- Click Set Filters. The Phone Hardware tab shows only the phones that match your criteria. If no phones match your criteria, a message informs you that there are no matches to your filter.
- From the Phone Hardware tab, click the Add Phone button. The Add Phone pop-up window appears, with the Basic tab displayed.
- Complete the fields in the Basic tab. The fields that appear are based on the make and model of the telephone selected.
Basic Phone Settings
|Model||Adding a phone: enter the telephone’s make and model. The remaining fields that appear in this window depend on the make and model selected.
Editing a phone: read-only field that shows the phone model.
|MAC Address||Adding a phone: enter the telephone’s MAC address.
Editing a phone: read-only field that shows the phone’s MAC address.
|Line||If your phone make and model have one or more lines, enter them in these fields. The lines available for selection appear if the Add Phone Extension check box is checked when adding a user|
|Notes||Enter optional notes about this phone.|
Advanced Phone Settings
- Click Advanced, and then complete the fields in the tab The fields that appear are based on the make and model of the telephone selected.
- Click Save.
|Directory||If this setting is available for your make and model of phone, select a directory for this phone.|
|Overrides||This enables custom settings to be added. Refer to documentation of the phone model.|
|Auth User/PW||Do not use these settings.|
To edit phones:
- From the Phone Hardware tab, either:
– Click a MAC address
– Hover over a phone, and then click the edit icon at the far right of the Phone Numbers tab.
Either step displays the Edit pop-up window.
- Complete the fields in the Basic and Advanced tabs
- For the button builder enabling full programming of the DSS keys, select the icon.
- Click Save.
Exporting Phone Hardware Information
You can export phone hardware information in CSV format, and then open the information in Microsoft Excel for further manipulation.
- From the Phone Hardware tab, click the Export button.
- When prompted, click Save.