Click the Auto Attendants icon on the menu bar
Adding Auto Attendants
The following procedure describes how to add auto attendants.
- From the Auto Attendants page, click the Add Attendant button. The Add an Auto Attendant pop-up window appears.
|Name||Enter a name for this auto attendant. The name should allow you to differentiate this auto attendant from other auto attendants you configured.|
|Extension||Adding an auto attendant: select the extension used with this auto attendant. Although not an extension in the traditional usage, an extension number is assigned. This can be dialed, and is used to route calls to the attendant. Any number can be assigned, but by convention, we recommend using 5xx.|
|Time Frame||Select a time frame to which this answering rule will be applied. The choices shown are the ones previously configured using the procedure under section “Adding Time Frames.”
It is recommended to use ‘default’ or ‘always’ time frames for auto-attendants. Otherwise, you’ll have to carefully ensure that the time frames are consistent in the entire call flow. Routing to an auto-attendant with an inactive/different timeframe will result in a call failure.
See ‘routing user‘ for how to route based on different time conditions.
Clicking Add bring on the second page for settings:
Adding/Editing an Auto Attendant
|Auto Attendant Name||This is the auto attendant name you entered on the previous page. Use this field to change the name if desired.|
|Extension||Read-only field that shows the extension associated with this auto attendant that you entered on the previous page.|
|Intro Greetings||Click the icon to display the Manage Greetings pop-up window and upload, record, or use text to speech. This greeting is optional, and is played before the main greeting.|
|Language||This option changes the system prompts language that the caller will hear during and after the voice menu.|
|Menu Prompt||Click in the text box or click the icon to upload or record a menu prompt.|
|Dial Pad Menu||Route calls to one of a variety of resources when a caller selects that option. Click a number, and then select an application from the following pop-up:|
|● User = goes to a user (extension).
● Conference = goes to a conference bridge.
● Call Queue = goes to a call queue.
● Directory = goes to a dial by name directory.
● Voicemail = goes to a specific mailbox.
● Voicemail Management = allows outside staff to call in and retrieve voicemail.
● External Number = forwards to an external telephone number (for example, to send the caller to on-call staff).
● Play Message = commonly used for hours and directions.
● Repeat Prompt = replays the menu of options to the caller.
● Add Tier = adds a submenu with a new greeting and set of options. We do not recommend use of this option at the moment. Results can be unpredictable.
|Options||Click this button to open a pop-up window with the following options. Click Done when finished.
● Enable dial by extension = enable (check) or disable (uncheck) dial by extension.
● If no key is pressed = sets the default action if no key is pressed.
● If an unassigned key is pressed = sets the action if an unassigned key is pressed.
● Timeout before first key pressed (How long after the greeting has played, before the no key pressed action is implemented. Recommend 2-3 seconds)
● Timeout after last key press (How long after a key has been pressed has played to wait for more key presses. Recommend 2-3 seconds)
● Maximum key presses to collect (If you have enabled dial extension, this should be set to 3 to allow all digits of the extension. if just the menu ooptions can be dialed, then 1. This reduces the time before the selection action is implemented)
End Users Can Change Auto Attendant Greetings
It is possible for end users to change the auto attendants greeting themselves. This is achieved by dialing a “star code” that is specific to the recording. The starcode can be found when editing the greeting. Typically these will be 9 digits starting *60 . For example *60xxxxxxx.
Note: This will only function correctly if a recording is already in place.
Any user can dial this code and record the new greeting.