Displaying the Time Frames Page
Click the Time Frames icon on the menu bar.
The button at the top-right side of the page refreshes the information on the page.
Caution: Once a Time Frame is deleted, it will not revert back to default settings. Time Frames must be set in order to function. Please remember to add a Time Frame after one is deleted.
Time Frame Concepts
When you create a new time frame, you assign a unique name to it and then specify one of the following times associated with the time frame:
● Always = time frame applies to all hours of every day (24/7/365).
● Days of the week and times = commonly used to define office open hours such as Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm. Each day has its own check box. Check the days to which the time frame will be applied, and then use slide bars to define the time ranges for each checked day.
● Specific dates or range = commonly used to define holidays or other special events such as New Year’s or a training closure. Use pop-up calendars to select the To and From dates when the time range will apply.
When you check a check box, a blue control bar covers the times 9AM to 5PM for that day. Drag this control to change the time according to your requirements. If you need to add more ranges for a day, click the icon to the right of the time range.
● Specific dates or ranges = allows you to specify a time range for the time frame by selecting starting and ending dates from a pop-up calendar.
As an example, a time frame called Open Hours, could cover the period of 9 AM to 5 PM hours for the days Monday through Friday.
This time frame might be used with another time frame called Holiday, which covers holiday periods. You might even create a time frame called Closed Hours (default already exists), which would be an “Always” rule but would not always be active since it can be set for lower priority than Holiday or Open Hours.
● Complex time ranges can be created by combining many timeframes in a routing user. The order that the time frames apply needs to be carefully selected in the touting user answering rules.
Adding Time Frames
To add time frames:
From the Time Frames page, click the Add Time Frame button.
Adding/Editing Time Frame Settings
|Name||Adding a time frame: Enter a name for this time frame. The name should allow you to differentiate this time frame from other time frames you configured.
Editing a time frame: read-only field that shows the name of the time frame.
|When||Select when the time frame will be applied. Choices are:
● Always = time frame is applied to all days and times. (only create one time range like this)
● Days of the week and times = use the controls to check the days when the time frame applies, and then use the slider controls to select the hours for that date when the time frame applies.
● Specific dates or ranges = use the controls to select the dates or range to which the time frame applies.
Days of the Week and Times
This type of timeframe would typically be used for business hours that recur on a weekly basis.
Note that clicking on the + on the right allows the day to be divided in 2 ranges. For example, on Friday, the office closed for lunch.
Specific Dates or Ranges
This type of time range would typically be used for holidays or events that happen on a specific date.
Times can be selected on the dates. The time frame above would close the office from 1pm on December 23rd until 23.59 on January 7th.
Editing Time Frames
There might be times when you need to edit time frames. For example, you might want to change when they occur.
- From the Time Frames page, either:
– Click a name
– Hover over a name, and then click the edit icon at the far right of the Time Frames page.
Either step displays the Edit pop-up window.
- Click Save.
Deleting Time Frames
If you no longer need a time frame, you can delete it from the system.
- From the Time Frames page, hover over the time frame, and then click the delete icon at the far right of the row. A confirmation prompt appears.
- Click Yes to delete the time frame or No to retain it.