As the Office Manager for the Unified Communications system, you can administer the system’s day to day needs.
- Users: A user is not just a single extension, unlike most phone systems. A user does have an extension number assigned, but can have multiple devices. Users can be given access to a portal, with varying control depending on the scope assigned to the user. The user can have full control of how calls are routed and which devices will ring when a call comes in using Answering Rules. Many users do not need a device if for example, their calls forward to another number like a cell phone. Users with a device assigned to them are billable.
- Devices/Phones: A device would be a physical phone, or an app on a smartphone, pc or Mac. The primary device has just the extension number eg 200. Additional devices have a letter suffix eg 200a. The mobile apps by default have the suffix ‘m’ eg 200m. The office admin can manage the phones and their softkeys.
- Timeframes: Timeframes are used with Answering Rules to determine when a particular rule is in use. Multiple rules can be used for different times of day. Rules can be for specific dates, days of week or days and times.
- Answering Rules: Answering rules are associated with a user account to determine which device calls are sent to in specific circumstances. Calls could be forwarded to a device, a cellphone or voicemail. More than one device can ring on an inbound call using simultaneous ringing.
- Call Queues: Call queues are used to route calls to a group of users. If no users are available, or do not answer after a specified time, the call can be routed to another queue, a user an auto attendant or voicemail.
- Auto Attendants: These are voice menus that allow the caller to choose how a call is routed.
- Scopes: The scope assigned to a user determines if the user can login to the portal, and the level of control they have over their phone.
- User Login: The user is assigned a login that will similar to 200@yourcompany . They will be sent a welcome email that allows them to set their password and PIN. This login and password is used to access the web portal, as well as for the login to the apps. The office manager login can be used to access the use portal of the office manager, as well as the administrative portal.
- ReachUC Apps: The ReachUC app is available for IOS, Android, Windows and Mac. This app functions exactly like the desk phone, allowing the user to make and receive calls as well as transfer. Using answering rules, the user can control when the app rings with incoming calls. The ReachUC smartphone app is available to all users at no charge. The Windows/Mac has a small additional charge for each user. Contact support to have this enabled for a user. ReachUC can also enable text messaging, and integration with CRM systems.
- Welcome Email: The welcome email can be sent to a new users. The user must use this to setup their password to access the web portal and the Reachuc app. They should also set their voicemail PIN.
The system can also add advanced features such as voicemail transcription and call recording on extensions for a small additional charge